In response to Connecticut DEEP requirements, the Town Engineering Department obtained a Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems (MS4) Permit, developed a Stormwater Management Plan and subsequently submitted annual reports summarizing activities undertaken in conformance with the plan. The Stormwater Management Plan indicated best management practices for the following six required minimum control measures:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement/Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management in New Development and Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping
Recently, CT DEEP developed revisions to increase program requirements. In response, the Town, working with a consultant, obtained a new permit registration and Stormwater Management Plan. The expanded scope of the new requirements requires the Town to continue using the consulting firm to plan and coordinate activities through the current permit period.