The Mini Bus is transportation provided by the Town of Suffield in conjunction with Greater Hartford Transit.
- Daily transportation excluding all Town Holidays
- Available to Suffield residents 60 years of age or older
- Or individuals with a disability 18 years of age or older
- Wheelchair accessible
- Donation request of $35/year for single; $50/year for couple
- Make checks payable to "Suffield Mini-bus"
Transportation provided for:
Errands in Town
Enfield Mall shopping
Enfield Adult Rehabilitation Center (EARC)
Felician Sisters Adult Day Care
Suffield Senior Center programs
Monthly out-of-town shopping trips/lunches
(see Senior Center Newsletter)
- Fill out a one-time application to ride the Mini Bus
- See Resources below
- Leave recorded message and include:
- Pickup address
- Pickup day, date and time
- Telephone number
- Appointments confirmed only upon request
- Notification provided when request unable to be scheduled
- Voicemail available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Reservations should be made before 7:30 AM day of request or as early as possible
- To cancel reservations, call (860) 668 3844 before 7:30 AM on day of appointment
Greater Hartford Transit provides 80% of the cost of buses to the Town of Suffield through Federal funding. The other 20% is the responsibility of the Mini Bus. For this purpose, the Town has set up the Suffield Mini Bus Reserve Fund, a special account where donations are deposited for the explicit purpose of purchasing new vehicles. To date, we are very proud that all the buses purchased have been bought with the donations in this fund. Tax-deductible contributions should specify “Suffield Mini Bus Reserve Fund".
This schedule is a general overview. For questions, more information or a special need, please call.