It is the mission of the Suffield Police Department to safeguard life and property in partnership with the community. We strive to do so with honor and integrity, while conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards.
Our partnership with you is what binds us, encourages us, and energizes us to serve you.
richard d. brown, suffield police chief
As we move forward, you will see that we are a progressive police agency embracing modern police practices and a community policing philosophy to improve our level of service. We believe this can be accomplished by working with you to prevent crime, solve problems, make arrests, and improve the quality of life in our community. Becoming one with our neighborhood(s) improves police service while enhancing crime prevention efforts to ensure a safe community for all.
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 3:30 pm
(unless by appointment)
Closed for Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Closed for Town Holidays
10:00 am - 11:00 am
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Suffield Residents: $10
To request additional traffic enforcement/regulations:
- Complete Citizen Request for Traffic Enforcement Form
- Be specific when providing location, dates, times and directions of travel
- Present completed form to Public Safety Dispatcher on-duty at Suffield Police Headquarters
Completed form will be assigned case number and forwarded to Patrol Division for assignment (as service volume and criminal caseloads permit).
To request modifications of traffic control devices, markings and/or signage on roadways:
- Complete Roadway Safety Device Request Form
- Present form in-person to Suffield Board of Police Commissioners at regularly scheduled meeting
- Request forms received by any other method will be returned to requester
Police Commission will respond accordingly.
- Application checks payable to:
- "Town of Suffield"
- Fee: $88.25
- Fee includes State and Federal fingerprinting costs
- Fingerprinting at SPD by appointment only
- Additional fee of $70.00 required after all approvals and before releasing signed temporary State Pistol Permit
- Checks payable to "Town of Suffield"
Note: The State of Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection processes permit applications and enforcement for all equipment, ticket dealers, manufacturers and distributors related to sealed tickets, bingos, bazaars and raffles.
- Applications accepted at the Suffield Police Department
- SPD collects fees for each application
- Send permit application to:
Suffield Police Department
Attn: Permit Service
- Town notifies applicant when Police Chief grants approval and signs official Certificate for event
- Town collects their portion of fee
Questions? Contact email@example.com
Town of Suffield Ordinance: Soliciting
All solicitors, hawkers, peddlers, salesmen and canvassers must obtain a permit from the Town of Suffield.
Complete all forms
- Submit fee of $75 for fingerprinting and background investigation
- Paid to Treasurer-State of Connecticut
- Fingerprinting by PD
- Interview by PD
- Review of application by PD
- Sign Solicitor/Peddler Permit Conditions
- Sign Police Records Check Form
- Police Chief approves based on:
- Completion of background investigation
- Satisfactory review of applicants:
- Business responsibility
- Once approved, $25 annual permit fee per individual
- Payable to Town of Suffield
- Questions? Contact Elizabeth Sagan at Records Division