Interested in preserving your farmland? Contact Director of Planning & Development Bill Hawkins.
I would rather be on my farm, than be emperor of the world.
Plan of Conservation & Development
The 1999 Plan of Conservation and Development (POCD) set the stage for farmland preservation and the desire to protect Suffield's rich agricultural heritage and rural character. This desire still persists today and is evident in the 2010 POCD.
Suffield Farmland Preservation/Open Space Stats
- Suffield #2 in Connecticut for Farmland Preservation
- Preserved Farmland:
- @ 2,200 acres
- 8% of Suffield's land area
- Protected/Managed Open Space:
- @ 1,500 acres
- Total Preserved/Protected Land:
- @ 14% of Suffield's land area
- For more information:
CT Farmland Preservation
Suffield Farmland Preservation in the News!